HIV, TB, COVID 19, Mucormycosis, Black Fungus, Aspergillus, Candida, BL- BLI’s, Antimicrobial stewardship, Fosfomycin, Pneumonia, UTI, Resistant gram negative infections, Gram positive infections, MRSA, Teicoplanin, Echinocandins, Diabetic foot infections, Pneumocystis, Cryptococcus, worm infections, endocarditis, meningitis, retinitis, ear infections
India, USA, Canada, Bangladesh, Nepal, Veitnam
He has several publications in national and internal journals and conferences.
- N Safdar, Barigala, et al. Feasibility and tolerability of probiotics for prevention of Antibiotic-associated diarrhea in hospitalized US military veterans. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics (2008) 33, 663–668.
- Infectious complications post liver transplant in a tertiary hospital S. Katari, S. Narreddy, M. Varma, A. Shrimal, K. Barigala, M. Balasubramaniam. International Journal of Infectious Disease. 17th ICID Congress. April 2016. Poster 41.269.
- A case of liver transplant in leptospirosis induced acute on chronic liver failure S. Katari, S. Narreddy, M. Varma, A. Shrimal, K. Barigala, M. Balasubramaniam, R. Rao, M. Ratnamani. International Journal of Infectious Disease. 17th ICID Congress. April 2016. Poster 41.270
- Narreddy S, Chepuri VR, Katragadda S, Barigala RA, Mulukutla RD. Predisposing factors and protocols for prevention of surgical site infections following spine surgery: A review of literature. Indian Spine J 2018;1:2-6
- Evaluated the effects of incarceration among HIV infected prisoners and also initiated a study to evaluate the effect of vitamin D on immune response among HIV patients. University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA 10/2007 – 06/2009
- R Barigala. Poster presentation. Multiple Manifestations of Cryptococcus, ACP Annual Session, Philadelphia. USA. 04/2006
- R Barigala, J Sosman, N Safdar. Systematic review on solid organ transplants among patients with HIV. American Transplant Congress. Toronto. Canada. 06/2008
- Masters in Public Health Internship. Infection control department, Michael Reese Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA. Monitored C. difficile diarrheal infection in the hospital and suggested ways to decrease its incidence by improving hand washing compliance. 11/2004 – 05/2006
- Pharm D thesis project. ART side effects, drug interactions and effect on immune status among HIV effected patients. Apollo Hospital, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India 01/2016 – 07/2016
- Pharm D thesis project. Fever in a tertiary care center. Causes and treatment. 2019
- Ramesh V, Narreddy S, Gowrishankar S, Barigala R, Nanda S. A challenging case of pyrexia of unknown origin: adrenal histoplasmosis mimicking tuberculosis in a patient with chronic hepatitis C. Trop Doct. 2021 Oct;51(4):621-623. doi: 10.1177/0049475518819622. Epub 2018 Dec 28. PMID: 30591000.
- Koyyada R, Nagalla B, Tummala A, Singh AD, Patnam S, Barigala R, Kandala M, Krishna V, Manda SV. Prevalence and Impact of Preexisting Comorbidities on Overall Clinical Outcomes of Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients. Biomed Res Int. 2022 Apr 6;2022:2349890. doi: 10.1155/2022/2349890. PMID: 35402606; PMCID: PMC8984738.
- Venkat Ramesh, MD, MRCP, Suneetha Narreddy, MD, Ravikiran Barigala, MD, MPH, Vijay Kumar Chennamchetty, MD, Sudhir Kumar, DM, MD, Jyotsna Rao, MD, Sagarika Nanda, MD, Sneha Varahala, Pharm D, 1374. Diagnostic Utility of Whole Body Positron Emission Tomography-Computerized Tomography (PET-CT) in Patients with Suspected Central Nervous System Tuberculosis: A Retrospective, Descriptive Study, Open Forum Infectious Diseases, Volume 6, Issue Supplement_2, October 2019, Pages S498–S499, https://doi.org/10.1093/ofid/ofz360.1238